April 9, 2012

Of Trash and Trees

River Rescue in Farragut this year was all about getting your hands dirty.  Not only did volunteers remove over 70 pounds of trash from Turkey Creek, over fifty native species of oak were planted along the riparian zone within Campbell Station Park thanks to a grant I won for the Town through the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency.

I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday than getting my hands muddy planting trees, getting a helping hand from my parents, and spending my time near one of my true loves - Turkey Creek.



In the newspaper - three weeks in a row!

Helping to remove over 70lbs of trash from Turkey Creek is worth the price of having to wear  rubber waders.

These trees and I will share the same birthday!

Dad and Mom came out all the way from North Carolina to help plant some trees and wish me a happy birthday!

No comments: