February 28, 2012

Our Treeless Future

I have been working closely with Lauren from the Town's Parks and Leisure department in implementing a fun program to promote Arbor Day to students at Farragut Intermediary.  The group of students we are working with are part of the Kiwanis Kids Club after school program.  These K-Kids have been charged with developing posters for display at Town Hall.  Their poster creations must convey the theme 'Our Treeless Future'.  Their posters will be on display at the Town Hall next month.  Towards the end of the art showing a local artist will award a Best in Show prize as well as a winner from each grade - 3rd, 4th, and 5th. 

I have had a blast working with the K-Kids.  Frankly I wish they had more time to work on their posters simply because it would mean getting to hang out with them again.  One student even took extra time to draw me Pokemon after I complimented his Arbor Day sketches.  They now adorn my desk space.

Here are some of the entries we have received thus far:


I think this may be my personal favorite.  Simple but it gets the point across.


This 3rd Grader put a lot of work into his poster.  I'm a big fan of the smokey paper mill.

This 4th Grader certainly got the point of the theme.

Treehouses are fun!

This student even came up with her own quote at the top!  Cool!

I'm digging this use of perspective with the road.
And lastly my poster.  I think I'm something like a 21st grader.  Sadly I am the only competitor in my class :/

No comments: